- Big bags are the perfect packaging solution for dry bulk goods.
- With an extensive design portfolio this well-tried concept has an almost unlimited number of possibilities.
- Volumes up to 2000 liter and filling weights up to 2000 kilos are available in our portfolio.
Fabrics and option to laminate:
- The fabric of a big bag is woven with extruded polypropylene (PP) tapes.
- The thickness of the tapes combined with the weaving density will determine the weight and strength of the fabric.
- The body of a standard big bag consists of fabric of in between 120 and 250 gr/m2.
- For the filling and emptying systems we commonly use fabric of in between 70 and 100 gr/ m2.
- Depending on the required physical characteristics round or flat looms will be used.
- The fabric can be made dustproof by adding a transparent PP coating layer.
- The coating is melted thermally onto the fabric, usually with a weight of in between 25 and 30gr/ m2.
- During the extrusion process small amounts of additives are introduced to increase UV resistance and to set the colour.
Safe Working Load and Safety Factor:
- The Safe Working Load (SWL) indicates the maximum safe loading weight of the big bag.
- The Safety Factor (SF) reflects the ratio of the actual strength of the bag versus the safe working load.
- Big bags with a SF of 5:1 are designed for single use, while bags with a SF of 6:1 can be used multiple times.
- Exceptionally we also produce big bags with a SF of 8:1, which can be used multiple times and under extreme conditions.